- Tom De Medts
Tom De Medts @ Ghent University
I am leading the research group Algebra
of the Department of Mathematics: Algebra and Geometry of Ghent University.
- First name
- Middle names
- Last name
February 9, 1980
- Master degree
Mathematics, Ghent University, July 2000
Science – Mathematics, Ghent University, January 2003
- Lien Boelaert, Tom De Medts, Anastasia Stavrova,
Moufang sets and structurable division algebras,
Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 259 (2019), no. 1245, 90 pp.
- Pierre-Emmanuel Caprace, Tom De Medts,
Trees, contraction groups, and Moufang sets,
Duke Math. J. 162 (2013), no. 13, 2413-2449.
- Tom De Medts, Yoav Segev, Katrin Tent,
Special Moufang sets, their root groups, and their μ-maps,
Proc. London Math. Soc. 96 (2008), no. 3, 767-791.
- Tom De Medts, Richard M. Weiss,
Moufang sets and Jordan division algebras,
Math. Ann. 335 (2006), no. 2, 415-433.
- Tom De Medts,
An algebraic structure for Moufang quadrangles,
Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 173 (2005), no. 818, 99 pp.
- Co-promoter for the FWO research project "Dualities in discrete geometrical structures" (G.0086.06)
- Promoter for the FWO research project "Moufang sets" (G.0140.09)
- Promoter for the FWO research project "Automorphism groups of locally finite trees" (G.0110.12)
- Promoter for the FWO research project "Cohomological invariants for structurable algebras" (G.0040.18)
- UGent responsible for Horizon 2020 project "OpenDreamKit"
(H2020-EU.18.104.22.168 ref. 676541, Open Digital Research Environment Toolkit for the Advancement of Mathematics)